Magic Leap 2 is now available to customers as the most immersive augmented reality headset for business
Magic Leap has announced that its next-generation enterprise augmented reality platform, Magic Leap 2, is now commercially available. Magic Leap 2 is now available for all customers in the US, Canada, UK, EU (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain , Sweden and Switzerland) and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Availability in Japan and Singapore is expected before the end of the year.
The widespread availability of Magic Leap 2 comes after a successful early access program with companies like Cisco, SentiAR, NeuroSync, Heru, Taqtile, PTC and Brainlab. During this time, Magic Leap has continued to refine and improve the device for training, communication, remote assistance use cases in clinical settings, industrial environments, defense and retail stores. detail.
“The Magic Leap 2 is the smallest and lightest augmented reality device designed for the enterprise,” said Peggy Johnson, CEO of Magic Leap. “After working with customers in industries including healthcare, manufacturing and the public sector, we are proud to launch a device that features innovative breakthroughs critical to widespread adoption, including Dynamic DimmingMT technology, the industry’s largest field of view, and unmatched image quality and text readability. Magic Leap 2 will take current use cases to the next level, and we can’t wait to see what our customers create.
Magic Leap 2 incorporates new innovations to overcome historical barriers that have prevented widespread adoption of AR technology and are key to making AR a valuable tool for everyday use in healthcare, manufacturing / light industrial, retail and defense.
Key features and innovations in Magic Leap 2 include:
- An open platform that offers businesses and developers flexibility, cloud autonomy and data privacy
- 20% lighter and 50% smaller in volume than the Magic Leap 1
- Exclusive optical breakthroughs that enable unparalleled image quality, color fidelity and text readability
- Largest field of view (up to 70° diagonal), compared to similar AR devices currently available
- Dynamic dimmingMT technology, a first-to-market innovation that allows Magic Leap 2 to be used more effectively in brightly lit environments with greater image solidity
Each of these advancements is designed to increase utility, comfort and sustained use, to deliver what the enterprise market demands: a device that can provide an immediate return on investment and can be worn for long periods of time.
Three editions commercially available
Magic Leap 2 is available in three editions:
- The Magic Leap 2 Base Edition is ideal for standalone use by professionals and developers who want access to the most immersive augmented reality device available. The device starts at an MSRP of US$3,299.
- Magic Leap 2 Developer Pro provides access to developer tools, sample projects, enterprise-grade features, and monthly preview builds for development and testing. For internal use in application development and testing only. Use in commercial deployments and production environments is not permitted. Magic Leap 2 Developer Pro will start at an MSRP of $4,099.
- Magic Leap 2 Enterprise is designed for environments that require large-scale, flexible IT deployments and robust enterprise functionality. This level includes quarterly software releases that are fully manageable through enterprise UEM/MDM solutions. Use in commercial deployments and production environments is permitted. Magic Leap 2 Enterprise comes with 2 years of access to enterprise features and updates and will start at an MSRP of $4,999.
Visit magicleap.com/where-to-buy for details on general availability and reseller information for the US and other regions.
About Magic Leap
Magic Leap, Inc.’s technology is designed to amplify human potential by delivering the most immersive augmented reality (AR) platform, so people can intuitively see, hear and touch digital content in the physical world. Through the use of our advanced enterprise-grade AR technologies, products, platforms and services, we provide innovative businesses with a powerful tool for transformation. Founded in 2010, Magic Leap, Inc. is proudly headquartered in South Florida, with eight additional offices around the world.
DISC-POWERED BLOG COMMENTS